INFORMATION FOR ATHLETES
The Charity Fun Run is a run for all ages and aims to raise money for individual organisations a new organisation is chosen every year. In 2023 we are supporting COUCH, a local Cairns Charity supporting people living with cancer. All race fees for Charity Fun Run (minus admin fee) will be donated to COUCH.
Get a team together or enter yourself and run or walk your way along the race route to raise money and awareness for chosen charity. DRESS UP and have a theme for your team or charity – prizes to be won! In 2023 you can even win a trip to Fitzroy Island just for entering.
This race gives people young and old the chance to come together as a family and group of friends, get dressed up and stay active at the same time. It really is about having fun!!
$20 of children and $25 for adult’s entry fee. We will be donate $15 of the children’s fee and $20 of the Adult fee will be donated to COUCH in 2023 (We will use the remaining $5 to assist paying for online booking fees and administration costs.) Participants are to check in at the check in tent prior to racing, please make sure you arrive at least 30 mins before your race. COUCH Charity Fun Run is not timed, no bibs will be supplied.
Money can also be raised in the way of collections prior to race, donations from businesses sponsoring the chosen charity and group. 100% of donations participants collect from non-participating family and friends will be passed on to COUCH. COUCH will also have a tent on the day with lots of fun activities and more ways to donate. This a fun run for charity so please have fun and enjoy.
Remember to stay hydrated in hot temperatures and carry water if needed as temperatures maybe as high as 30+ degrees on the day. Please consider your own health in the lead up to the race. If you are unwell or have been unwell in the two weeks prior to the race, then consider the consequences of participating on the day.
All runners are to be checked off at the finish line, you do not have to complete the entire course if you feel you are unable to. This race will not be timed and recorded; however, we will start the race clock for your own personal timing.
Donations will be calculated as soon as possible after race day and forwarded on to the Charity and published on the website.
Date: Saturday 05 August 2023
Race Start Time: 11:00 am
Check-in: 10:00 am – 10:45 am
Race Briefing: 10:45 am at the Start Line
Time Limit: This is a fun run and won’t be timed.
Distance: Approx 3km.
Start Line: Norman Park
Turn around: Green Patch
Finish Line: Norman Park
Report to the runner’s registration tent and receive your runners bib number. This bib must be worn for the entire duration of the race.
CATEGORIES, FEES AND PRIZES: here
Registrations close as per the date outlined.
NO ON DAY REGISTRATIONS
COURSE MAP AND OUTLINE
- Start behind the banner at Norman Park.
- Run out the marked chute onto the race track down Mill street.
- Follow markers along Mill road.
- Follow mill road DO NOT go down to Green Patch camp area (changed in 2021)
- Follow the road around until you see the traffic Marshall and turn left onto old Highway Bridge.
- Head down towards the train bridge tunnel onto the old Bruce Highway bridge.
- Follow markers along old Bruce Highway until the toilets block at the camp area, turn around is at the water point.
- This a fun run and charity race so please have fun and enjoy.
- Please follow road marshals when needed.
- Remember to stay hydrated in hot temperatures and carry water if needed.
- All runners are to be checked off at the finish line
- Any monies collected on the day can be put into the charity of your choice’s tin located at the merchandise tent for bank deposit and security following the event.
- You must read and accept the race terms and conditions.